This course aims to provide:
- Training and skills development in the functions of business and the environment in which business operates at a management level;
- An overview of a wide range of well – developed managerial skills within the business sector;
- Skills and knowledge for operation within the business sector at a managerial level and the ability to manage the work of others and to add value to or review management practices;
- The ability to analyse, diagnose, design and execute business management functions
- Interpersonal skills essential for a managerial career within the business sector
• Area Manager • Department Manager
• Regional Manager
It is recommended that individuals should:
• be 18 years or older; and
• have completed Year 12 or its equivalent with suitable English language skills.
• International Students are also required to have an English ability at the IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
• Have completed a Diploma or Advanced Diploma from the BSB Training Package (current or superseded equivalent versions) or Have two years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience in an operational or leadership role in an enterprise.
Pathways from the qualification
After achieving this qualification candidates may choose to undertake studies at higher education level.
75% of the course content is delivered face to face in the classroom environment and 25% via online.
This qualification is made up of twelve units of competency －4 core units and 8 elective units
BSBFIM601 Manage finances
BSBINN601 Lead and manage organisational change
BSBMGT605 Provide leadership across the organisation
BSBMGT617 Develop and implement a business plan
BSBINM601 Manage knowledge and information
BSBMGT608 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
BSBMGT616 Develop and implement strategic plans
BSBCOM603 Plan and establish compliance management systems
BSBMKG609 Develop a marketing plan
BSBHRM602 Manage human resources strategic planning
BSBMKG608 Develop organisational marketing objectives
BSBWHS605 Develop, implement and maintain WHS management systems