Interested in find out more about Times Academy? Contact +61 2 8316 6688 or LIVE CHAT


Frequently Asked Questions

We have put together frequently ask questions by most students and will hopefully answer some of your questions. If you still need more information, please contact the office during working hour.

You need to complete an application form and send it back to us by mail or email. Or you can simply apply online through our website. For an easy step-by-step guide, please visit our Application Process page on this website.

Postal Address: Level 4, 338 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000

Our campus is newly renovated with the students in mind, TA launched a new campus in 2016. The purpose-built facility is features:

  • Campus-wide internet access (WiFi)
  • Lecture Rooms
  • Computer Labs
  • Library
  • Student Services Centre
  • Student Lounge and Kitchenette – Fully equipped with a fridge, microwave, kettle and vending machines.

Your student visa allows you to work 40 hours per fortnight whilst the course is in session. Many of our students find a job in hospitality such as restaurants or hotels. Professional work is much harder to get because your student visa only allows you to work 40 hours per fortnight and depends on your previous work experiences.

ELICOS students are required to be on campus for 20 hours of face to face teaching each week. International VET students at the Times Academy are required by the Department of Home Affairs(DHA) to be on campus for a minimum of 15 hours of face to face and 5 hours of online teaching each week.

Times Academy does not offer any accommodation. However, we can assist you in finding accommodation during your stay in a student house or home-stay.

Yes. Credit card facilities are offered at Times Academy. Please see reception for more information.

We recommend that you ask the Department of Home Affairs(DHA) about extending your visa.

Please contact accounting department for more information.

The length of your student visa will be dependent on the total length of the course you apply for.

Yes. To be granted a student visa you must complete a student visa application form, lodge it with the Department of Home Affairs(DHA) and pay the visa application charge. Your visa is granted if you intend to study a registered course on a full-time basis and comply with visa conditions.

Your visa must satisfy the visa requirements and comply with a number of visa conditions for attendance and academic performance. Your student visa will list the conditions that apply specifically to you. Descriptions of common student visa conditions can be found in the factsheet on the Australian immigration website. It is important to comply with your visa conditions to avoid cancellation of your visa.

You can study for up to 3 months full-time or part-time.

Depending on the passport that you hold, you may be eligible to apply for a tourist visa online this will let you stay for 3 months in Australia. See for more information.

Provided your current visa is not subject to a ‘No Further Stay’ condition you can extend your visa. However, you need to apply for a new visa before your current visa expires.

On your first day at our school at orientation, you will receive your student ID card. You can use your student card for getting student discounts on entry to cinemas, theaters, museums, aquariums, art galleries etc. but not for public transport.

Student are provided with study materials each week.

Yes. Any difficulties with your studies should be discussed with your teacher or the Academic Manager.

Yes. We will provide you with a letter stating that you are enrolled as a student at our college . The letter includes your name, address in Sydney, date of birth and dates/length of course. You will need to take this letter along with any other documents needed.

There are two medical centres in Town Hall near the institute. The Yellow Pages directory also has a complete list of doctors in Sydney. If you want a doctor who speaks your own language, you can contact your country’s embassy, consulate or diplomatic mission in Australia. They can help you in your own language.

Yes. However, certain conditions do apply. Please call 131 500 or refer to for details.

Sydney offers great experiences and tourist attractions. You are sure to find lots of interests in Sydney. For more information visit

Students usually need $A18,000 per year to cover accommodation, transport, food, clothes and entertainment options like going to the cinema, etc. This $18,000 per annum does not include airfares, health insurance and tuition fees.

Generally Sydney weather is good all year round. In Sydney, Summer is December – February, Autumn is March – May, Winter is June – August and Spring is September – November. For the current weather conditions in Australia, check out

Yes, you can. There is no charge for this.

Our college provides a comfortable learning environment. The classrooms and computer area and other facilities are fully air-conditioned. We have fully equipped computing labs and VET students have access to the e-library.

One of the strengths of our school is our highly qualified team of teachers, trainers and administration staff.

Payment can be made to the institute through the following methods:

  • Direct Deposit into our bank account.
  • Telegraphic Transfer – Transfer of fees from Overseas bank account to our bank account
  • Bank draft or bank cheque. Please make cheque payable as listed on the Application Form.
  • Debt and Credit card

For more information on payment, please see fee & payments page on our website or contact accounting department

If you are an international student on a student visa, you can only study full-time. Unless you are a non student visa holder, you can study part-time.

For more information on your visa conditions, please visit Department of Home Affairs(DHA) website.

Most visas allow international students to bring their family to Australia as their dependants if your course is for 2 months or more. Family members include your spouse, and you and your spouse’s dependent children. If you are planning to bring your dependants with you to Australia, there are specific arrangements for your family visas and living arrangements. You will also need to budget your living costs carefully.

For more information, please visit Department of Home Affairs(DHA) website.

Yes. Australian Government regulations state: It is a condition of the grant of your Overseas Student Visa that you have acceptable health insurance cover during the whole time you are in Australia. To be covered for health insurance, you will need to pay the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) when you accept your offer to join our college . The institute will then pay health cover on your behalf if you include this as part of your fees payment to the institute.

For more information, please visit Department of Home Affairs(DHA) or Department of Health website

You may be allowed to change your visa once you are in Australia. For more information on your visa conditions, please visit Department of Immigration and border protection website.

You first need to complete the Times Academy Application Form. Upon approval of your application, we will issue a Letter of Offer and written agreement which will indicate the course and the fees to be paid. You must then pay the fees indicated as well as the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). Upon receipt of payment, we will issue you with a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) which you can then use to apply for a student visa at the Australian Mission overseas. You will also be asked to provide a medical report signed by the Australian Consulate General approved panel of doctors. For more information on your visa conditions, please visit Department of Home Affairs(DHA) website.

Your visa is normally granted for multiple entry. You can leave Australia and re-enter using this visa, as long as it is valid.

We enrol students from all parts of the world.

Standard Time GMT + 10 hours.

Yes, you may be eligible to apply. For more information, please visit Department of Home Affairs(DHA) website.

Download Brochure