CRICOS Course Code 096160A | CHC33015
This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason. Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
48 Weeks including 12 weeks holiday
Pathways from the qualification
Education pathways may include:
• Certificate IV in Ageing Support
• Certificate IV in Disability
• Diploma of Nursing
• Diploma of Community Services
Job roles and titles may vary across the community services sector including:
• Support worker
• Personal care giver Respite care worker
• Disability service worker
• Accommodation support worker
There are no entry requirements for this qualification however it is recommended that individuals should:
• be 18 years or older;
• have completed Year 11 or its equivalent with suitable English language skills.
• International Students are also required to have an English ability at the IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
• A working with children check and National Police check is required for work placement and for gaining employment. This should be done during orientation so that approval is provided prior to the first industry placement
The program uses a variety of methods to provide a rich and engaging learning experience for learners.
- Face-to-face Study : Students will be attending classes for 14 hours per week
- Online Study: Students will need to participate in 6 hours of Online Study per week via Moodle Platform
- Work Placement : Students’ enrolled in the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support are required to participate in a minimum of 180 – hour practical placement. Noting this, the Times Academy program is delivered over 36 weeks of tuition and expects the student will be engaged in a minimal of 5 hours’ work placement each week. Student will commence their work placement as soon as possible after the course commencement following orientation by the workplace supervisor (within the first two weeks). Times Academy will engage with the nominated workplace to ensure that it can provide a suitable environment to gather practical experience across all tasks outlined in the units of competency.Times Academy will complete a Workplace suitability assessment prior to placement with the nominated workplace and coordinate with the service to ensure the student is orientation and inducted properly into the workplace and that the workplace meets the requirements of the training package.
*Times Academy will be responsible for organising/ arranging work placement for students
- Unsupervised/self-Study : Students need to allocate between 10 to 15 hours of self- study time per week to enhance their understanding. A maximum of 15 hours of self-study should be sufficient for an average student to grasp the learning content and complete the Personal Research Task and Reflection Journal.
This qualification is made up of 13 units of competency －7 core units, 6 elective units and 9 cluster
Cluster & Unit(s)
IS 01 Support independence and well being
CHCCCS023 Support independence and well-being
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
IS 02 Aged Care Law and Ethics 1
CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
IS 03 Work in health and community services
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
IS 04 Support and empowerment of older people
CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
IS 05 Palliative care services
CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
IS 06 Infection Control
HLTINF001 – Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
IS 07 First Aid
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
IS 08 Work Health and Safety
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
IS 09 Individual Support
CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support